When I was in my late twenties and thirty was looming, I wanted to make a 30×30 list: you know, thirty things I wanted to do, or at least have done, before my thirtieth birthday. Yeah… that didn’t happen. When I started this blog I was 32, and there wasn’t a 33×33 list either.
Instead, I present this: my life list. This is simply a list of things I want to do during the course of my life.
The rules for my list are pretty generous. If it’s something that I would’ve had on such a list at any time and I’ve already accomplished it, it goes on here. (And I get to cross it off already! WHEE!) I also reserve the right to add to it at any time another must-do occurs to me.
Welcome to my Life List.
Listed in the order they occur to me, not by importance or any sort of organization.
Go to AustraliaJuly 2000 and July 2002
- Go to Ireland
Go to ItalyMay 2009 Go to GreeceMay 2009 Move to FloridaAugust 2002
- Move to Hawaii
- Live in another country
- Visit all seven continents – North America (born here), Australia (2000, 2002), Europe (2009), Africa (2010, 2013, 2014), and Asia (2016). I’ve also been to Central America (Mexico and El Salvador) a total of six times. Those countries are far more like South America than they are like North America, so I give myself half a point for that. I have no partial points for Antarctica!
- Visit all fifty states – Just missing Alaska, Arizona, Idaho, Maine, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Utah, and Vermont.
Read the entire Bible2001, 2015 Have at least two dogs at the same timeJuly 2012 Get a college degreeMay 2004 Get marriedDecember 2003 Adopt at least one kidE in August 2010; B in March 2014 SkydiveMarch 2015 See a show on BroadwaySeptember 2016, and it was freaking HAMILTON!!! Get a tattooAugust 2013 Apply to a modeling agencyNovember 2008; signed by said agency and modeling a few times a year ever since!! Run a half-marathonThe first was May 2015 Run a marathonThe first and last was January 2016 Go on a Disney CruiseFebruary 2014 & April 2015 Get Disney World annual passesDecember 2015!!! Go to the Wizarding World of Harry PotterFirst time was April 2012 but I’ve been an annual passholder since then! Still hasn’t gotten old!
- Read the complete works of Jane Austen
- Read the complete works of C.S. Lewis
Skinny-dipAugust 2007 (*waggles eyebrows*) Lead someone to ChristPretty sure the first one was in Australia in July 2000.
- Go on The Amazing Race
- Own a house on the beach
See Hamilton in personSeptember 2016!!! Take a hot air balloon rideMay 2017! It was awesome!
- Do 40 half-marathons by my 40th birthday
- Run a half-marathon in every state